Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2012

I Love Sneakers. Not.

On Thursday night I bought sneakers.
There's a sentance I never thought I would say.

I think I have come to terms with the fact that I can't do a half marathon in sandals or booties. Oh, the sad sad sad truth. When I go on tiyulim I wear tevas. I don't do sneakers. Not me. Not I. Not ever.

That was until I thought I could run 13 miles and have given myself less then 16 weeks to train. Good times. Sadly, reality.

I went to Mamila (because that's where I shop and have no idea where to find things if it's not from there) in search of the most subtle looking sneakers. No intense colors. No high tops. Just plain sneakers. Something that would match with my running outfits and nothing that would declare to the world "look at what I'm wearing. Look at my shoes." so not the message I'm trying to send.

I went into Adidas but their sneakers were ugly. Then I went into Nike but their sneakers were uglier. Then I realized they aren't ugly, this is what they look like. So I went back into Adidas. I have to admit I took my hair out of my bun, because obviously then I will look like a totally different person and there would be no way they would know that I was the girl that walked in twice. I didn't want them to think that I went in, saw sneakers that I really liked, thought I didn't need them so I left, and then only after I realized I needed them so I ran back to save those poor sneakers that just needed me.
Ya, so not the message I was sending to those Adidas workers.

I was looking for something cheap and cheerful. Thanks world for informing me that I could have bought two pairs of booties with the money I spent on these poor excuse for a shoe.
So cheap doesn't seem to exist in Adidas so I went with the cheapest, which could have fed a village in Africa.

There were a bunch of subtle colors, you know white and black and totally matchable to all the trendy running outfits I was planning on putting together (ha, like that's possible). I asked the guy if he had anything in a 7 1/2 or 8 (fun fact: my shoe size. Remember this important peice of trivia. You will never know when it will come up again) in any of the whites or blacks. Obviously he didn't.

But never fear he had the bright blue with yellow stripes in my size. Oh thank gd, I got to fufill my kindgergraten dream of blue and yellow shoes (used to be my favorite colors. Another fun fact you should write down and save for a lifetime). Lucky me.

I tried them on praying they wouldn't fit and then I would just need to look at the more expensive sneakers, which obviously wouldn't be my fault. But of course they fit, and the guy was watching me walk around in them so it wasn't like I could lie (thinking about it now I so could have).

As I was paying and as the guy was probably partying that this girl that walked in with two shopping bags and a very nice Thursday night outfit (if I may say so myself) was finally leaving. It was obvious to me I was making the Adidas in Mamila look really bad and very un- sportsy.

Of course though it's impossible for me to do anything without embarrassing myself. Gotta love not having a filter.

As I'm giving him my credit card I had the nerve to say "ha, guess I can only wear white or blue with these sneakers". I said that because those are the only colors that match.Duh. Isn't it obvious. Or so I thought. Clearly me and Mr. Macho Adidas Guy grew up on two separate planets because his answer was so mind boggling, so non seneschal, so what are you on- "what?"

That was his answer.
Anyone who is on the same wave length as me would say "oh I totally feel your pain. It really does suck."
And I thought that the customer is always right and the employee must sympothize with the customer. Well not at Adidas!

I told him he won't get it, took the bag and left.

First run tonight. 1 mile of jogging.
Excited isn't even the word for it. That would be if today was opposite day.

P.S.- I am still running! And I am still running for the Nefesh B'Nefesh Lone Soldier Program. Please click on this link to learn more about the organization and to donate! www.gofundme.com/lottieruns

No comments:

Post a Comment