Translate

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Announcement Announcement Announcement

In 12th grade we could only graduate if we passed all our tests (understandable), got CPR certified (really annoying, but I guess it makes sense), did our "chessed" hours (now I know this blog isn't about me venting on my high school experience, but this "chessed" situation had so many ramifications that unless you weren't helping some dying man on the street and bringing him to live with you it didn't count as chessed), and lastly to run a mile. (oh and hold on to some bar or something. Horrible experience.)

Back to running the mile. Fun fact about me- I don't run. And when I do run it tends to look something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1k658QIFBE (yes, I am recruiting people to watch Friends as well as showing off my Phoebe-esque running style. Kill two birds with one stone eh)
I guess I was able to run the mile in high school because by some miracle I graduated. I wish I could tell you exactly how long it took for me to run it. Think 45 minutes or higher. Oh, and that's without my water and mental hygiene breaks.

Fine. So understood I can't run. Then I propose to you all the question of the day- why did sneaker-less, exercise-less, depends way too much on her fast metabolism you (that's me. Lottie. This is getting complicated) decide to register to run in the Jerusalem Half Marathon on March 1.

Ready for the answer? It's because I want to become more exercise conscious and health aware.

HA. NOT.

Honest answer is I truly have no idea!
This is another example to add to my "impulsive carpe diem list".
- WITHDRAWS from Stern after three days
- makes aliyah
- runs the half marathon
And unfortunately plenty more, but for that we may need a 24 hour lunch date.

However, since the deed is done and I'm all signed up and running (sneaker shopping later today. First time in way too many years!) I chose to donate the money raised to an organization that means so much to me and if you haven't come in contact with them yet I really hope you do soon. http://gofundme.com/lottieruns- pretty please click on my "fund me" page to donate to the Nefesh B'Nefesh Lone Soldier Program.

People who donate will get a surprise. Which is such a secret I don't even know what it is yet... dum de dum dum.

P.S.- I've noticed I have been way too active in the FB and blogging world lately. If it helps it's starting to annoy me too.

P.P.S.- Instead of making your status about the weather in NY (I'm sure it's so hot and sunny) and the election (oh who won by the way?) make it about donating to the Nefesh B'Nefesh Lone Soldier Program. Far more interesting then whatever your status is now. No offense.
Because you love Israel.
Because you love lone soldiers.
Because you love Nefesh B'Nefesh.
Because you love me.


No comments:

Post a Comment