Translate

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Today's Lesson

So I don't have my license. Israeli or American.
I'm a little behind. Old news.

So I am in the process of getting my Israeli license and I just had my eighth (I think. You lose track after four) lesson today.
Don't start throwing a party.
Eight out of twenty five.
Basically spending all my parents money here, but then again I made aliyah so they can never hate me.
Anyways my driving teacher knows me better than anyone. I mean after spending at least 40 minutes together about three times a week we have discussed almost everything. He practically knows me better than I know myself. Truth.

Well I thought he knew me until I helped him fix his car today.

He really is a great driving teacher and if anyone needs his info let me know (English speaker and all) but I think he likes the idea of having a chauffeur.
I mean I drove his kid to gan, I dropped him off at the supermarket once, and I also dropped him off in Aroma.
Just call me soccer mom.
But every time he leaves the car he leaves me in it with the engine on, his wallet and his phone. At first I thought this was odd and that was all, but recently I have started to think he is testing my stealing capabilities. And I am no thief.
Because...
1) Why is it fun to steal something and then forever live in guilt?
2) Who wants to be that uncivilized person who runs out of a store? I have some dignity left.

Anyways, so no, not planning on stealing his wallet or phone or car with his name written all over it.

However, today he told me to pull into a gas station which I did.
Apparently my turn was really bad because he told me today is his son's birthday and he would like to be alive for the party. Oops. He also said he didn't write his will yet so I can't kill him yet. Ha. Ha. Ha
(P.S.- I'm a really good driver...)

Anyways, we pull into the gas station and he gets out of the car and I'm just sitting there. Then he comes back and says there is no gas.
Which I don't understand. It's a gas station. All they need to supply is gas. That is it. They don't need to go to the field and pick wheat or some forest to get berries. All they need to do is somehow get the gas from a nuclear Iran and by the looks of it that can't be too hard since everyone has gas. Everyone.

Reason number 742 why Israel can't get into a nuclear war with Iran. Then we won't have gas and I will be dead. Which would suck.

Well then my teacher gets into this other car and I just figured I should get in it with him. We are driving for 30 seconds and he gets out. So I do as well. It's basically a game of Simon Says. He does something and I follow. No, I don't think for myself anymore.
Then he lift the hood of this new car. And I am bugging out.
1) I didn't put sunscreen on before I went out
2) I didn't have water with me and I wasn't really in the mood faint today ironically enough.


Him and his little pal are fixing this car and I am standing at the side of the highway pretending I have some very important business to take care of on my phone because I so didn't want them to ask me for help.
Of course they did.
Well for thirty seconds until they realized how white my dress was or that I just did my nails or that this is not my forte. I think the latter is most likely.

So today I learned I can drive to gas stations (just about) but fixing cars is just not in the cards.
Also I learned to never attempt to wear a cute outfit for a driving lesson. Who knows the next pit stop could be "oh Lottie can you drive me to my friend's house? We need your help fixing the broken sewage pipe."

The End :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment