Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

And Today In My Non Eventful Life...

Today was the fateful day I went to Minahel HaStudentim.
I am a survivor. I did not give up. I did not stop and I did work harder (shout out Destiny's Child circa 2000).

I had class until 11:30 this morning and MS (we are on nickname basis) was open from 8-1 and then again from 3-5 (may we all be worthy enough to have a two hour lunch break).

When I was going to go three weeks ago it was pouring rain.
Then two weeks ago it was pouring rockets and last week I was in Jerusalem so I guess we can say it was pouring kedusha (if we are sticking to this "pouring" theme).
Well today it was not raining rain or rockets and I was in Givat Shmuel- it was go time.

I figured I would leave to Tel Aviv at 11:30, right after my class and go to the Azrieli Mall until 2 when I would head to MS Land.
Why go to the Azrieli? Because I deserve it.
I was always the best at Secret Santa so since I am not playing it this year with anyone, I might as well play it with myself. Aka getting myself whatever I want.
Also since I was going to be reimbursed pretty soon by MS I might as well get a head start on spending the money because we all know that's what I do best.

Obviously the 90% American in me needed to go to Forever21 first and take a breath of that fresh American air.
Now, I  know the Forever21 in Times Square in New York. You know the one you need to be suicidal to enter. Four floors of just clothes. Just clothes. It's a dreamland actually, but a dangerous one.
When I walk into Forever21 in New York my game face goes on. The pushing, the shoving, the grabbing- I am an aggressive shopper and not ashamed to admit it.
So I thought if Forever21 in New York is a zoo the one in Tel Aviv is just going to be a living nightmare.
First of all the one in TA only had two floors. Like what kind of clothes store only has two floors?!
Everyone was so freakishly polite. I was tempted to steal something so the alarms would go off and we can start some drama. The Forever21 in NY always has the alarms going off, it truly is an event.
It was possibly the most tamest experience I have ever had, and I really and strangely did not like it.
Part of loving a shirt is knowing the fight you had to endure in order to wear it. What I bought today is just a shirt that I took off the rack like any other normal person, how boring.

So I may have spent a little too much time in the Azrieli. It was a very necessary shopping trip though. From what I heard about MS you need to walk in cool calm and collective and shopping is the only thing that can do that to me. Cool, calm, and collected I was when I left. Well that was until I realized I was on the wrong bus.
I am not even going to go through all my bus sagas today, but in a nutshell they all went something like this- "I was on a bus. 15 minutes in I realized it was going in the opposite direction. I got off the bus and took the same number across the street."
This happened about three times today.
What am I thankful for? The Mooveit app on my iPhone.
What I learned today? Get over your ego and ask for directions
Will I apply what I learned today? No.

Basically if you were on a bus in Tel Aviv today the chances of me being on your bus are pretty high... potential bus buddies!

Anyways, got to MS. It was empty. I was in and out in ten minutes.
I guess there is a benefit to going right after the deadline (fun fact: the real deadline was last Thursday but they extended it until tomorrow. Clearly no one was aware of that but me. Ha. Ha. Ha)

It all went very smoothly. Well apart from the fact it said on my form that I was married. She asked to see my marriage certificate (I think that's what its called. See clearly I am so not married!). I thought she was joking. But no no this Rivka woman ain't joking.
I told her I'm not married and she said why does it say here you are?
Ummm maybe because you wrote the wrong thing.
I showed her my hair, my ring-less finger and told her I have no marriage certificate to show her.
Only in Israel is your cover-less hair a proof that you are indeed not married.
It was definitely a bizarre experience, but if that's what I needed to do to get my tuition money back (and then spend it all... thanks parents, you love me ;-) I'm there.

Obviously after MS I deserved to do some more window turned actual shopping.
Success. And so needed.
Today I discovered Tel Aviv and am a very happy camper.

Got on the bus back and this person had her bubby cart (definition of a bubby cart- a bubby who wheels a cart. Pretty self explanatory eh) in the aisle and refused to move it and you legit had to hop, jump or skip over it.
Her excuse- there's no where to put it.
My answer (if I actually had the guts to answer)- Oh so your bubby cart is more important than my broken leg.
So sweet. So selfish. May her and her bubby cart have an excellent life together while me and the rest of the people on the bus tend to our injuries in the hospital.

So yup in a nutshell there was my day. Fun right?
Off to bed... I hope when I wake up my blog will have 300 more views.
Some may say wishful thinking.
I say exactly.

1 comment: